8/21/07

Feels like fall!



I'm sure these cool August days will yield to warmer ones but there's something of fall in the air that leaves me feeling, well, autumnal.

My soul warms to the spring, hopes for the summer, delights in the fall and simply endures the winter. So my delight in these cool days and even cooler oh-so-good-for-sleeping nights has been teased to an early awakening.

Makes me wonder how the many climates of life around me season my experience... how the climes of my presence season the lives of others... how one can have a wintry soul in July and a summery heart in January... All mysteries - as tomorrow's weather usually is...

Seasons: revealing God's raining, shining, snowing, blowing upon us..

All you waters above the heavens, bless the Lord.


Sun and moon, bless the Lord;
stars of heaven, bless the Lord.

Every shower and dew, bless the Lord;
all you winds, bless the Lord;

Fire and heat, bless the Lord;
cold and chill, bless the Lord;

Dew and rain, bless the Lord;
frost and cold, bless the Lord;

Ice and snow, bless the Lord;
nights and days, bless the Lord;

Light and darkness, bless the Lord;
lightnings and clouds, bless the Lord.

Let the earth bless the Lord,
praise and exalt God above all forever.

(Daniel 3:59-66)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!