6/17/08

A prayer for these rainy days...


Image by Emma Olsen

Rain, rain...

Jesus,
let your healing soak me
like the rain:
your mercy, a heavy downpour,
your reign, a summer shower

Soak me, drench and all but drown me!

Leave me dripping
with moist anointings
of your touch:
my toes and every inch of me
refreshed and cleansed
in healing showers

Lift my face to rejoice
in the rain of your love:
let me drink it in
and drink it down,
deeply

Give me thirst
that only you can quench
and lead me
by a river of your blessings

Rain, rain,
rain of my savior:
oh, never go away...


-ConcordPastor

1 comment:

  1. I think I might have gotten into this poem more if it wasn't for all the devastation in Iowa. I know "rain" is needed and also in the poetic sense, cleanses our souls. But I just feel so bad for those people wiped out with the levies breaking, and homes destroyed.

    I'm sure you do also, ... the rain poem just brought it to mind... no fault of yours. Just bad timing on my part. It just really gets to me.

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!