11/30/09

Monday Morning Offering - 74


Image: George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

With Advent begins a new year of grace, Lord,
the grace that is yours to share and give...

In this new year I want to offer you
an open door to my heart
for you to enter and make your home there...

I offer you the corners of my heart's garden
where I let the weeds grow wild:
Lord, help me weed out
whatever does not nourish my life and my soul...

I offer you the closets of my heart,
stuffed with old grudges and resentments:
Lord, help me discard anything
that fails to help me heal and grow...

I offer you my heart's cartons of wasted time,
boxes of foolishness
and bags of misspent effort:
Lord, help me clear out the trash of my mistakes
and give me a new beginning...

I offer you the cellar of my heart, Lord,
where a locked trunk of hurt and anger
aches to be opened with the key of your healing grace:
unlock what keeps me prisoner
to my memories and disappointments...

I offer you my heart's hopes and dreams, Lord,
for this new year of grace:
my pledge to pray more regularly;
my desire to grow in your love;
my need to rely on your wisdom and word;
my promise to ask for your help each day;
my hope to be more forgiving of those who offend me,
more faithful in serving others' needs,
more welcoming of those who are alone...

I offer you this new year, Lord,
and ask for the strength and resolve I need to live it
as one worthy of the name Christian,
ready for the work of a disciple,
confident of your presence in everything I do
and in all I meet and know...

I offer you the new year ahead, Lord
- one day at a time -
and I pray for the serenity, the grace
to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the wisdom to know the difference...

Amen.

-ConcordPastor

2 comments:

  1. Goodmorning Padre! Great start for Advent ~ thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this beautiful, grace-filled Advent prayer this Monday morning. It is just what I need right now as part of my morning prayer each day.

    God bless your Advent, CP, and all of our "new year beginnings"!

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!