3/21/10

UPDATED: I need a break like this more often!



UPDATE: Well, the first four people I shared this news with asked, "Bobby who?" I am feeling very nearly-63!

This afternoon I heard Bobby McFerrin in concert at Symphony Hall in Boston - what an amazing afternoon! (My ticket was a Christmas gift: thanks to K and T!) The sounds this man makes, the music that pours out of him and the way he draws the audience to sing in response are soul-stirring.

For a taste of this man's talent (which goes far beyond Don't Worry, Be Happy!) just Google his name and check out the videos. The range of this man's voice, the variety of sounds he produces and the simple ease with which he jumps vocal registers is astounding. In addition, he accompanies himself with his body: his chest is his percussion pad and he plays his pecs.

The video above is one I posted some time back. This afternoon I had the opportunity to be part of the audience singing the Gounod Ave Maria atop Bobby McFerrin's vocal of the Bach prelude.
Priceless!


Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

3 comments:

  1. So glad you had that experience. I enjoyed the video !! I really only thing of him as "dont' worry be happy" which makes me happy !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From someone who is almost - 63 I found this video heavenly. Thank you for sharing....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I need a break like this more often"

    This should be one of your New Year's resolutions each and every year. And then stick to it!

    Rosemary

    P.S. Do word verifications come in languages? We could learn something as we decipher. Latin?!

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!