5/11/11

Personal prayer - in public

Image: Everyday Train

Deacon Greg offers a fine reflection on Underground Prayer over at All Things New.

Doing some people watching on the train, Greg muses on a woman quietly praying the rosary.

I wonder how often, in crowded places, we sit or stand or pass by others who, in the quiet sanctuary of their hearts, are praying...

Are there not times when you and I might be praying when no one around knows the conversation taking place in our hearts?

I sometimes pray while driving and I wonder how many other drivers on the road are also speaking with the Lord...

Do you pray quietly while among other people?


Treat yourself to a beautifully written post from Deacon Greg.


Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

1 comment:

  1. I thought of this post the past couple of days while riding the subway and bus and walking...
    I looked around at people wondering if they might be praying...
    not surprisingly, it was difficult to tell- (no obvious signs like people praying with rosary beads)-
    there were a couple of people that seemed like they could be praying-
    their eyes were closed and their lips were slightly moving-

    well, anyway, it was kind of an interesting experience, and it took me briefly away from some of my stress and anxiety, so thank you.

    and, yes, I myself do pray quietly while among other people- a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!