6/5/11

Memories... light the corners of my mind

Ordination of Fr. John D'Arpino

This morning one of the 6 newly ordained priests in the Archdiocese of Boston celebrated the 9:30 Mass in my parish. Fr. John D'Arpino is 27 years old and it was a blessing to have him with us.

Before Mass we were talking about his ordination and his first assignment (which he'll begin on June 17). The conversation triggered a shower of memories of my ordination, my first Mass in my home parish and receiving my first assignment. I was pleasantly surprised (and have continued to be through the day) of how clear were so many of those memories - from 38 years ago!

It was a joy to have John with us. It's easy to see how happy he is and I pray that his ministry continues to keep that joy alive.

John's first pastor will be Fr. Bill Devine, a classmate of mine and a very fine priest just recently returned from many years as a chaplain in the military.  They'll be working together at St. Thomas Parish in Bridgewater, MA - a new appointment for both of them!

Please keep Fr. Devine and Fr. D'Arpino in your prayers.

Fr. Bill Devine celebrating Mass in Afghanistan


Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

1 comment:

  1. we really enjoyed the 930am Mass today with Fr John. As I left Mass I thanked him for answering God's call. What a joy he is to all of us..

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!