5/13/12

Praying 10 minutes today: Sunday 5/13

Find a quiet time and place to pray... take a few deep breaths... be still  and know that God is near...

A word to reflect on:   
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you,  Not as the world gives do I give it to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid...  John 14
    


What peace the world might give, O Lord, 
   seems not to last too long...
The peace that comes from you alone
   is what my heart desires...
I need the peace that heals the hurt inside
   that only you and I can see...
I want the peace that mends the broken pieces
   of the child you created me to be...
I crave your peace to calm the storms
   that rage within my soul...
I long for peace to still the anxious tremors
   shaking me and shaping me in fear...
I seek the peace that counsels my confusion
   and makes wiser all my thoughts and deeds...
I hunger for the peace that feeds my soul with grace
   and makes me strong and not afraid of what comes next...
I thirst for peace to spring up like a fountain in my soul,
   refreshing and restoring what has withered in my heart...
I long for peace to end the wars I wage with you,
   with others and myself...
I need, I want, I crave the peace
   that's only yours to give,
      that heals a broken heart...
I long, I thirst and hunger for the peace
   you hold in store,
      the peace you hold for me...
As morning rain upon the grass,
   show'r peace upon my path,
      upon my troubled heart...
For peace of mind and heart I pray,
   the peace, good Lord, that's only yours to give...


Help me find today, Lord, a peaceful time, a peaceful place
   and in the stillness, open my heart
      to the peace that's yours alone to give...


Here are some tips for praying 10 minutes a day and a link to the Lenten series from which these daily posts originated.  If you find these daily prayer reminders helpful, please let me know - and share them with others.  You'll find an archive of these daily posts here.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!