5/4/15

Monday Morning Offering: 5/4


Morning Coffee

 Good morning, good God!

This morning I offer the things I don't get done
just because I keep putting them off...

I offer the work I don't get around to
when I'd rather do something else...

I offer you all I forget to do
when my thoughts are lost in a haze...

I offer my long To Do list,
growing longer with each passing day...

I offer the chores so long left undone
I've can't count how many there are...

I offer the business I need to attend to,
big things that I shouldn't leave waiting...

I offer the work that doesn't get done
when I'm busy with other work...

I offer all this and I pray for your help, Lord,
help only you can give...

I need energy, drive and get-up-and-go;
I need passion, excitement, a new sense of purpose;
I need strength, commitment, a kick in the butt...

I need help to distinguish what must be done first
from things that can wait for a while...

I need wisdom to teach me how best to proceed
and to know when it's time to rest...

I need balance in every part of my life
and prayer, lots of prayer, to help me stay sane...

I offer you all that I've left undone:
give me grace, O Lord, to know where to start,
what to do and when to sit back...

I can only work a day at a time
so be with me, Lord, every day, every hour,
every step along the way...

Amen.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your prayers every day. Today really hit me at home and you have reminded me and give me hope to carry on! God Bless you and keep.up the great prayers!!

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!