1/29/17

Monday Morning Offering: January 30

Coffee in the Morning

(This has become an annual post 
because every winter, this is my prayer...)

Good morning, good God!

I come to you in a season of grays,
charcoaled in the landscape of my days,
etched in the dark chill of winter nights...

I offer you this ordinary time,
this ornery wintry season,
waiting for that Ashen Wednesday
and Lent's relief in purpled shades...

I offer you this season in-between, Lord,
in-between the holly and the palm...

So much of life is in-between:
in-between the days gone by
and all the days that lie ahead,
in-between the old and new,
and hope and disappointment,
expectation and fulfillment...

In-between the ups and downs, 
the joy and sadness,
tears and laughter...

In-between what’s not yet done
and what is not yet known...

In-between what I can’t let go
and what I hardly dare to dream…

I offer you this moment, Lord,
this day that's in-between
and in a season in-between:
I offer you this day, Lord,
the only time I truly have to offer...

Help me keep it in today, Lord,
help me stay in the moment,
make me mindful of what is...

Give me serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
to change the things I can
and wisdom to know the difference…

Give me patience with the past, Lord,
and hope for all that's yet to come...

Help me trust you'll not abandon me,
that you will not forsake me,
that you are always with me as you are today,
in-between what’s been and what is yet to be…

I offer you this one day
twixt yesterday and tomorrow,
the day that you have made, O Lord,
the day you come to meet me,
to challenge and forgive me,
to strengthen and to comfort me...

Give me the grace this day
to meet all those who cross my path
as I'd have them meet me:
with patience and with peace….

I offer you this season of grays,
charcoaled in the landscape of my days,
etched by the chill of long winter nights...

I offer you this ordinary time,
this ornery wintry season,
waiting for Ash Wednesday
with Lent's relief in purpled shades...

I offer you this season in-between, Lord,
in-between the holly and the palm...

I offer you the in-between
and pray you hold me in your arms
until I reach the other side...

Amen.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!