9/2/17

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 9/2




Work is what:
 

I do and avoid,

love and hate,

need and ignore,

thrive on and put off,

look for and hide from,

want and reject,

relish and despise,

overdo and skip,

share and possess,

quit and begin (again and again)...


Work has power to:

rule and free me,

weaken and strengthen me,

isolate and connect me,

distract and focus me,

hurt and heal me,

empty and fill me,

push and pull me,

annoy and gratify me,

sap and energize me,

serve and seduce me,

destroy and define me,

delight and sadden me,

dispirit and lift me,

consume and develop me

ruin and save me...


Lord, help me see how my work is

a blessing not a curse,

a joy not a grief,

a gift not a punishment,

a service, not servitude,

a help and not a hindrance,

a way, a path to you, Lord,

who love the work of my hands

when done in your grace

and offered to you

from a humble, grateful heart...

Amen.



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

1 comment:

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!