1/25/18

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 1/25

Image source


(A friend posted the quote above on her FaceBook page
and I love how concisely and accurately
it sums up so much!)

Lord, there's so much "I don't get,"
so much I don't understand...

So many things are a mystery to me,
so many things confound and confuse me
and sometimes make me
a little bit crazy!

There's so much, Lord, there's too much
I just can't/// wrap my head around -
or my mind or my heart or my soul...

That's why I need to remember
and why I hope
and certainly why I want to trust:
that you completely understand
everything I don't get;
- that nothing's a mystery to you
     (though often you're a mystery to me);
- that in the midst of all crazy confusion
     you've got my back,
     you're on my side,
     you're at my right hand (and on my left)
- that together with you
there's nothing I can't face and endure...

So even when I say,
"God, I don't get this"
I know you've got this, Lord,
and I know you've got me...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!