3/17/18

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 3/18

Image source

I stumble, Lord - a lot!

I bend under pressure
    and trip over my own mistakes...


I lose my balance
    and fall flat on my face...


And sometimes I'm a stumbling block 
   for those whose paths cross mine...

Still, you never fail to help me,
   reaching out to lend your hand...

You're always there to lift me up, 

   dust me off, give me a second chance
      and help me on my way...

So, when I'm hard pressed, Lord,

   and get in my own way...

When I'm not steady on my feet
   and need your help to keep my balance...

When I'm in a rut or a pothole 
   (and when I AM a pothole
      on the road my neighbor travels!) 
then remind of your help, 
   make steady all my steps,
      reach out to catch me as I fall,
   and let my foot not trip another
      walking by my side...

Guard and guide my every step, Lord,
   and make safe the path I walk...

Amen. 


I was hard pressed and falling
 but the LORD came to my help...
- Psalm 118


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!