8/31/18

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 8/31

Image source


Yesterday afternoon, Lord,
I left my house planning on an hour
for my daily walk.

About halfway through
I decided to extend that to an hour and a half:
it was a beautiful day, I had the time -
why not?

In my walking-prayer time I imagined you,
right by my side, my friend and companion.

I was sharing with you the struggles
jousting for position
in my mind and in my heart,
asking for your counsel,
your wisdom and your strength...

Just walking usually has a way
of clearing my mind
but when my daily walk becomes a prayer,
my mind and heart are refreshed
by your healing Spirit,
breathing your presence deep in my soul...

So I shouldn't have been surprised
that my extended walking time
found me passing the home of parishioners
who were standing right in their front yard.

I stopped, we chatted and they shared with me
their experience this past Sunday at Holy Family
and how blessed they felt to be there
and the joy they found in our prayer
and our VBS kids singing
at the offertory and after communion.

That pause in my walk and their gracious words
were a soothing, healing balm for my soul, Lord,
and I needed that...

Had I only walked an hour
I'd have missed this encounter
and I can't help but wonder (and be grateful)
to think that it was you who nudged me
to walk those extra thirty minutes...

For such moments of grace, Lord,
the ones I recognize - and the ones I miss! -
I give you thanks and praise!

(Keep 'em coming, Lord!)

Amen.



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!