8/13/18

Pause for Prayer: MONDAY 8/13

Image: MacJams

I thank you, Lord,
for something as simple
as a warm summer's day
and for time,
plenty of time,
to sit in the sun at the shore,
soaking in the warmth
of the heart of the solar system, hoping
that as the sun seeps into my body
so the very heat of your grace might permeate
the marrow of my soul...

And I thank you, Lord,
for the constant, gentle breezes
sweeping over my bared flesh,
spiriting me to prayer,
reminding me of your gentle healing touch...

I thank you, Lord, for Yo Yo Ma,
sitting by my car parked hard by the shore's edge,
playing Bach's unaccompanied cello suites:
the digital mystery of dashboard music
floating over this sandy beach just for me --
and for any passersby...

I thank you, Lord,
for something as simple
as a summer's afternoon
and time, plenty of time,
to sit by the shore
soaking in the heat of your presence,
the warmth of your love and the surety
that even as the sun burns bright in August skies,
so all year 'round your gracious love
burns warm within my soul...



Amen.






   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!