8/14/18

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 8/14

Photo by CP

Thank you, Lord, for the gift of the last two weeks:
for time away, for rest and peace;
for quiet time to pause and pray;
for time with friends and time alone,
for time with you
and for your beauty
all 'round me...

Let me take nothing for granted, Lord,
but make my heart gratefully aware of all your gifts:
on vacation and at home, in my work and in my rest;
when I'm most at peace and when I have no peace;
when I know you're at my side
and when I cannot find you;
in all these times your gifts are mine
if I but trust in you
and open wide my eyes to find them...

Thank you for the gifts of the last few weeks, Lord:
give me grace to hold them in my heart and in my mind
and in my memories,
especially when vacation fades away...

Thank you, Lord, for the gift of the last two weeks:
may the rest and peace I've known
make me strong for all that lies ahead...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!