10/22/18

Monday Morning Offering: 10/22

Morning Coffee by George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

Yesterday, at the end of the day,
your day, Lord,
at day's end I reflected, mused and prayed
over all my heart had held
in the course of just one day...

Some of what coursed through my heart
sprang up from within:
a spring, filling, overflowing and flooding my soul
with memories and nostalgia,
recollections and remembrances,
some sad, some bittersweet
and oh-so-many joyful...

But that's not all my heart held yesterday...

Like a sponge, my soul soaked up
the overflowing springs of all the hearts around me:
pools of grief and healing,
streams of sadness and joy.
rivers of dreams and memories,
burbling brooks of trust and faith and hope...

I've no idea, Lord, how one human heart
holds such a sea of feelings
without perishing in an ocean of emotions,
under waves of burdens and joys,
hopes and fears,
dreams and disappointments...

Nor can I fathom, Lord, how your heart holds the same
of every heart that ever beat
in the history and future of all humankind -
and yet, you do...

So this morning, Lord,
I offer you my heart and all it holds,
my soul filled to overflowing,
rising and falling on tides of tears
and breakers of joy...

I offer my heart into yours, Lord,
grateful for the mystery, the grace,
of all a heart can hold...

Bless and heal, Lord, all that flows
from the springs within my heart
and heal and bless all my soul holds
of those who share their hearts with me...

Amen.



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!