11/16/18

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 11/16

Image source: SheepShed


Psalm 23 is often prayed at the bedside of the sick and the dying, and at wakes and funeral masses. While the whole psalm offers comfort at such moments, the triple promise of refreshing rest, a companion for the journey and a place at the Lord's table can soothe even the most troubled of hearts.

November is known as the Month of All Souls, a special time to pray for those who have died. When you have some quiet time, pray this psalm for those among your family and friends who have died.

For whom, among your family and friends, will you pray Psalm 23 today?

And pray if for yourself, too, that one day the same rest, companionship and feast will be yours as well..

To help you pause for prayer today, listen to this haunting setting of Psalm 23...




The Lord is my Shepherd, I have all I need,
He makes me lie down in green meadows,
Beside the still waters he will lead.

He restores my soul, he rights my wrongs,
He leads me in a path of good things,
And fills my heart with song.

Even though I walk through a dark and dreary land,
There is nothing that can shake me,
He has said he won't forsake me,
I'm in his hand.

He sets a table before me in the presence of my foe,
He anoints my head with oil,
And my cup overflows.

Surely, surely goodness and kindness will follow me,
All the days of my life,
And I will live in his house,
Forever, forever and ever.

Glory be to our Father, and Brother,
And to the Holy of Holies,
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be,
Life, without end.  Amen.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!