11/4/18

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 11:4

Image source

Every once in a while it's good to clean out your backpack, your purse, your brief case, your computer bag...  We all carry around a lot of junk we don't need, extra weight that weighs us down and complicates our lives...  This weekend, even Mother Nature's wind is stripping away the leaves from the tree, her own annual fall cleaning...

Help me sort through my heart today, Lord, 
   and do a little fall cleaning...
 
Help me lose what weighs me down
   and needlessly complicates my life...

Help me strip away what I need to let go
   and not hold on to what has seen its day...

Teach me, Lord, again and again
   to simplify, simplify, simplify!

Give me a lighter heart, Lord,
   and free me to serve you and my neighbor...

Amen.  

  



   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!