12/9/18

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 12/9


In today's scriptures for the Second Sunday of Advent,  Isaiah writes of a voice crying out in the wilderness and Mark's gospel quotes Isaiah in reference to John the Baptist.  This video takes up the same theme in a song composed by Rachel Burckardt.  I sang the lead vocal on this when we recorded it  - 28 years ago! Today's Pause for Prayer is based on and follows the video.



Let's pause and pray...
Your one voice calls me, Lord:
you speak to my soul
in the dry and barren places
of the wilderness in my heart...

You call me by name
to prepare a way for you
who come to make of my desert
a lush and blooming garden...

You call me to change,
to change my desires, my habits, my ways:
to clear a smooth path
that you might come and dwell within me...

You call me to make peace
where I am, where I live,
where I work and where I rest,
from day to day, a day at a time...

Of all the voices 'round me, Lord,
help me hear your one voice calling me
to clear the way and make a place for you to dwell
deep within my soul this Christmas...

Amen.

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!