2/21/19

Explanation and Update!


On Wednesday evening I had abdominal pain severe enough that I went to Emergency Department of Emerson Hospital in Concord.  There I was diagnosed with a bowel obstruction and transferred to Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston where I spent16 hours in their E.D., waiting for a bed upstairs. I'm scheduled for surgery at high noon tomorrow (Friday). I'm not worried - I'm confident!  And as I often write in my prayer posts, quoting Juliana of Norwich: All shall be well! All shall be well! And all manner of things shall be well!  

I'm not in pain - although it was a different story last night!  I'm exhausted from the past 24 hours and looking forward to this laparascopic procedure - and to going home! Your prayers will be much appreciated!

I won't be posting my usual fare over the weekend - I will give you an update on the post-op side of this experience.

Once again, this whole venture reminds me to be grateful for the access to great health care that's mine.  Praise God from whom all blessings flow! (And pray that more and more people around the world have greater and greater access to such care!)

 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!