2/16/19

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 2/16

Georgetown, Colorado

Georgetown! 
I thank you, Lord, for Georgetown, Colorado!

A gem of a small town, nestled in the mountains,
near the upper end of the Clear Creek valley,
in the front range of the Rockies, 
west of Denver...

Praise the Lord from the heavens,
praise him in the heights!
All you mountains and all you hills,
give glory and praise to the Lord!

About 10 million years ago, Lord,
you saw these mountains rise up
out of a geological history stretching back
a billion years:
and even before that, you were there, Lord,
as surely as you were there with me
this past week...

You were with me in the mountains, Lord,
you were with me in the snow,
you were with me in the sunshine
and in the winter's wind and chill...

You were with me
in Clear Creek's rushing waters
and in this mountain-shadowed valley,
in the blue skies and the gray skies
and the starlit skies at night...

You were with me in my family:
in my sister and my brother-in-law,
in my nephew and his wife and kids;
and in the Georgetown folks I've come to know 
in just these last few years...

And you were with me in my prayer, Lord,
in my thoughts and in my heart
and, one night, I remember,
you were with me in my dreams...

You were here, Lord, 
as surely as you were billions of years ago
and you will be here in each and every age, 
forever more, you'll be with us all 
in all your power, strength and grace...

Georgetown! 
I thank you, Lord, for Georgetown, Colorado!

Praise the Lord from the heavens,
praise him in the heights!
All you mountains and all you hills,
give glory and praise to the Lord! 

Amen!

- What's the beauty you find where you live?
     How is your country, God's country?

- How is the Lord with you in the place where you live? 
      How is the Lord with you in nature?
         How is the Lord with you in the people around you?

- Take some time today to praise God
      for the place where you live
         for the people around you
           and for the Lord's presence in your life...
 




 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!