4/30/19

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 4/30



Three times, Lord!
In Sunday's gospel you greeted us not once,
not twice, but three times with the words,
Peace be with you!

These are words I need and love to hear, Lord,
and especially when they come from your lips,
intended for my ears and my heart...

Peace be with you!

I pray for your peace in the world, Lord:
a world plagued by terrorism and violence;
a world at war over hatred, bigotry and greed;
a world torn by strife and dissension;
a world so much in need of you, Lord,
so much in need of your peace...

And I need your peace, Lord...

I need your peace
to nudge me out of yesterday,
help me through today
and point me towards tomorrow...

I need your peace in my relationships, Lord,
in my family, in my neighborhood,
in my parish, at my school,
where I work and where I play:
I need your peace to mend and reconcile
what comes between me and my family,
friends, neighbors and colleagues...

I need your peace, Lord,
to calm my anxious fears,
to steady my unsure steps,
to settle my mind's confusion
and to heal my aching heart...

I need your peace, Lord,
to forgive my sins and failings,
to redirect my wayward path,
to ease my guilt and shame...

I need your peace, Lord:
enough to share with those in need,
with those who turn to me for help
when what they truly seek
is the peace that's only yours to give...

Amen.



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!