5/15/19

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 5/16

Image source

I'm sure to spend some part of this day
   just waiting...

I'll wait for people to come and go,
   I'll wait for things to happen - or not,
      I'll wait for time to pass and a new day to come...

I'll wait for meetings to begin and be over,
   I'll wait for calls and email and answers to questions,
      I'll wait for breaks for coffee and for lunch...

And I'll wait for you, Lord:
  I'll wait for you to show your face and speak a word
      of comfort or challenge - or perhaps a word of mercy...

I'll wait for myself, too,
   when I stall, when I'm holding back,
      when I'm behind in so many ways...

I'm sure to spend a good part of this day
   waiting...

So, wait with me, Lord, I pray:
   be patient and wait with me...

It's so hard to wait alone...

Amen.





   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!