6/23/19

Monday Morning Offering: 6/24

Image: George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

This is really different, Lord, 
but this Monday morning I'm offering you 
- a photo taken 42 years ago:


This picture popped up on FaceBook, Lord,
flooding my heart with memories,
memories of  so many good times with great friends
and the places where we gathered, partied and celebrated:
cookouts in the backyard on Jefferson,
dinners at the Venice and lunches at Lewis';
the late, late nights playing cards
and cribbage at Keohane's;
and all the stories told, the laughs shared
and the friendships formed...

A treasure trove of good times, good people,
good days and good nights - 
a trunk-load of memories stored for decades
in some forgotten attic in my mind...

That photo of Dick and me unlocked it all
and makes me wonder:
what other memories wait in my heart,
wait to be woken, remembered, 
relived and enjoyed?

Too often it's too easy, Lord, 
to remember the hard times
and forget the best days
- so I offer you this morning
a heart full of recollections
and souvenirs of joys long forgotten,
all waiting to be discovered anew,
lifted up, dusted off and savored again,
as if for the very first time...

Your gifts to me have been many, Lord,
more than I can count:
help me not forget even one of them
but to cherish them all
day by day by day...

Amen.





     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!