6/8/19

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 6/8


Lord,
if  the beauty of Georgetown Lake
is a sanctuary of your presence,
and it surely is,
this path is a "side aisle" in the alfresco church
where I've been praying all this past week...

Tabernacled in nature's glory
you reveal yourself
   in every pine needle,
you show yourself
   in sunlight sparkling on the water,
you whisper your word in breezes
   rolling through the valley,
you play hide-and-seek in shadows
   cast by pure white puffs of cloud...

But most of all, Lord,
you've walked this path, right by my side,
you've matched me step for step
up and down this aisle and 'round again,
at every step reminding me
how close you are,
how great your desire to be with me,
to lead me to your heart,
to lead my heart to yours...

For this holy place, a shrine of grace,
this temple of your presence,
I give you thanks and praise, Lord,
for all the ways you come to me
and settle in my heart...

Amen.



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!