9/9/19

Monday Morning Offering: 9/9


   Image: George Mendoza

 Good morning, good God!

Today I offer you an apparent contradiction,
though more a simple contrast:
a curious counterpoint of feelings paired
not to cancel each other out but rather 
to enhance what each one brings
into my thoughts, my life, my soul...

So I offer you the loneliness
of leaving the place I've called my home
with all its warmth and comfort,
its relationships, ties and bonds:
the security of familiarity...

And I offer you my gratitude
for the great surprising grace
such loneliness affords:
a strengthening of the ties that bind
old friends, one to the other;
a deepening of my love for those
who've loved me long and true;
a place within my heart that waits
new friends to meet and make my own...

Yes, I offer you the loneliness
of leaving the people I've called my home:
let my leaving be the counterpoint
of settling in to my new place
and in the hearts of friends
I've yet to meet and call my own...

Amen.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!