9/21/19

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 9/22

Image source

Among all the distractions
   whirling within me and around me,
help me stop today, to pause, to pray
   to be mindful of you, Lord...

Help me be mindful
   of how you attend to me,
ever watchful in your vigil,

   through the day and through the night...

Make me mindful, Lord,
   of all you whisper in my heart:
words of grace to guard and guide me,
   to keep me from harm's way...

Keep me mindful of your Spirit,
   moving, breathing in my soul,
calling me and leading me
   to walk the path you chart...


Make me mindful, Lord, of any
   whose paths cross mine today:
help me tend my neighbor's needs
   with an open, generous heart...


Clear my mind of its distractions
   and my heart of fear and worry:
make a quiet place within me, Lord,
   where you and I can meet...

Keep me mindful, Lord, of you
   when I just sit still and pray:

in the silence of your presence
   let me find you by my side...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!