10/26/19

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 10/27

Image source

The love of God scorches
our selfishness, judgments and divisions.
- Pope Francis


Lord,
heal my soul of selfishness:
burn away my desire to have more than I need;
cauterize the wounds greed leaves in my heart,
scorch my impulse to keep for myself
what others so desperately want for and lack...

With the flame of truth, by the glow of your wisdom,
fire in the kiln of your counsel
all the judgments and choices I make today:
heat my heart with the courage to act
as your Spirit moves me...

Set a match to our hatred, prejudice and bias;
melt what divides and keeps us apart;
rekindle the embers that keep us warm;
let your Spirit's fire burn within us:
brand our souls with the mark of your love...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!