10/22/19

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 10/22

Photo by AJ Martin

Mixed signals!
So many mixed signals, Lord...

Take the sunset in AJ's photo:
pure glorious gold, a dusty rose, some argentine blue -
a palette of promise, smooth waters ahead,
safe passage assured...

But those clouds, Lord, those clouds!
Gathering, menacing, thick with foreboding,
they haunt my horizon, obscuring my hope,
draping in shadows my plans for tomorrow...

To which goes my heart, Lord?
Which sign is the stronger, which signal from you?
Or is it the case - both come from your hand:
though storm clouds may threaten, peace promised is mine...

Help me discern, Lord, with wisdom and grace,
all the ways you lead me, all the signs you give:
your signals abound on my right and my left,
mixed signals of promise, protection and peace...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!