11/16/19

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 11/16




Whether the hours ahead are busy and full
or there's not too much on my calendar,
I know that you, Lord, have your eye on my day
- and some ideas for how I might spend it...

If my day looks overbooked, Lord:
show me the tasks that might be useless,
the foolishness I migh have scheduled,
and the precious time I'll waste
if I make no time for you...

If my day is free, wide open,
show me how you'd have me use it:
reaching out to those in need,
making peace as I am able
spending time with one
who really needs a friend...

And if today's an in-betweener,
hectic now but not so busy later,
show me how to balance work and play,
to spend this day for what it is:
24 hours given me
to grow in faith,
to live in hope,
to spend this day for love of you,
in service of my neighbor...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!