11/23/19

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 11/23

Image source

Like the weather, Lord,
my spiritual life is sometimes
bright and breezy,
sunny and clear...

And sometimes it's
cloudy and threatening,
stormy and freezing...

And sometimes it's
oppressively hot,
parched and lifeless...

And sometimes my inner life is
partly cloudy, unseasonably cool,
with intermittent showers...

Help me remember, Lord,
that weather patterns come and go
and rise and fall with shifting pressures,
some high, and some very low...

Help me remember, Lord, how
storm fronts yield to clear blue skies,
clouds bow out as sun shines through,
frost melts away with warmth's return
and winter yields to springtime's hope...

Whatever the weather in my soul today, Lord,
help me find you present
in clouds or clear skies,
sunshine or rain,
tempest or tranquility,
in high winds or gentle breezes...

Help me find you in every season and clime:
in summer and fall, in winter and springtime,
in the north and the south, in the east and the west,
help me find you, Lord, whatever the weather:
  be the calm, the warmth, the kiss of a breeze
  stirring ever so gently within my soul...

Amen.



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!