1/13/20

Monday Morning Offering: 1/13

Coffee in the Morning by George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

I’m looking at the week ahead, Lord,
and wondering 'bout the ups and downs,
the twists and turns my path might take
these middle days in January...

What joys will bring a smile to my face,
and lift my heart, reminding me again
that you’re my God, you're by my side,
you hold me in your love?

Will I find the inner peace I need
when the road is steep, my step unsure
and I fear I’ve lost my way to you?

Let no grace or gift from you escape my notice,
but rather:
open my eyes, my ears, my heart
to your presence and your peace,
all day, every day this week...

And I wonder:
what sorrow might come my way this week,
what worry weigh upon my mind,
what sadness cloud my sight, my trust, my hope...

When my chin droops upon my chest,
remind me of the joy of good times past
and lift my face to yours, Lord…
If there comes a day or night, Lord, 
when I’m tempted to give up, to give in
to thoughts that threaten peace of mind and heart,
restore my hope and trust in you…

If this week should take me through a valley
dark in shadows, bleak and cold,
then shepherd me and guide me, Lord,
with your strong arms reaching out to hold me
in the warmth of your embrace…

How many times this week, Lord,
will you come to me
in the lives and faces,
in the needs of those around me?
Will I recognize your face? 
Will I know it’s you who stands before me?
Will I tend and care for you in others
as I pray you tend and care for me through them?

Open my heart wide to your presence all around me:
make me generous in sharing
what I have and who I am
with those who cross my path,
wherever I might meet them…

What changes will come this week, Lord?
What choices will I need to make
and how will those decisions change my day,
my week, this new year, my life?

What will surprise me this week, Lord?
What unexpected situations, twists and turns,
will sit me down or stand me on my head
as this new week unfolds before me?

Whatever comes my way, Lord,
remind me that there’s nothing
you and I together cannot handle
with you, close by my side,
with your mercy, grace and help...

I’m thinking of the week ahead, Lord,
and hoping and praying 
I’ll be more faithful to you,
more constant in my prayer, 
more generous in my giving,
more loving and forgiving
in my words and in my deeds…

I’m thinking of the days ahead, Lord,
and I offer you this prayer:
be with me through this week,
be with me day by day and night by night,
be with me a day at a time,
be with me, Lord,
be with me, Lord, I pray...
Amen.
 



   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!