3/30/20

Monday Morning Offering: 3/30

Coffee in the Morning by George Mendoza


Good morning, good God!

Sometimes I forget, Lord...

Sometimes I forget that people along my path
are just as fragile as I can sometimes be -
just as fragile and just as vulnerable...

When I look honestly at my past
I remember those who've been saddened and hurt by
my haste, my selfishness, my carelessness,
my pride, my anger, my resentment, my sins...

Yes, there were many times when I intended no harm
but my neglect and my self-interest
bruised and burdened others nonetheless...

So, I offer you this Lenten morning, Lord,
the names and hearts
of those whom I have hurt and offended...

(Take some time to remember and name those people,
perhaps writing out their names,

lifting them up to the Lord in prayer...)

If there are ways for me to make amends, Lord,
show me how and give me the courage
to do what I need to do…

If the opportunity for amends has passed me by,
hear my prayer for those I've hurt and find a way, Lord:
- a way for me to make up for what I've done or failed to do
- and a way for you to bring them healing
     now beyond my reach...

Give me a sensitive and forgiving heart, Lord
especially when my heart has hardened
with resentment, hurt and anger...

Help me remember how much and how often,
how fully and freely you've always forgiven me...

Open my eyes and ears, my mind and heart
to the people around me now:
make me more aware of their presence
and how my life touches theirs...

Give me courage, Lord, and nudge me
to take the first step toward making peace
in my family, my neighborhood, at work and at school...

And give me the grace I need, Lord,
to make peace between you and me...

Make me mindful, Lord,
of those whose paths cross mine today
and make me as gentle with them
as I'd want them to be with me...

I offer you today, Lord,
my need for your mercy
and for the grace to be merciful to others:
such is my prayer this Monday morning
and all through the week ahead...

Amen.




     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!