3/6/20

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 3/6


I have a fairly good idea
  of what the day ahead holds for me:
     I know my daily routine,
     I know what's on my schedule,
     I know what I've planned...

What I don't know, Lord,
what I don't have a clue about,
are whatever surprises
may come my way today...

They may be small surprises or big surprises
but I'm sure of this:
when I'm awake and alert, hardly a day goes by
without some surprise coming my way...

Of course, some surprises are welcome, Lord,
and some surprises - not so much...

Whatever surprises come my way today, Lord,
help me welcome them as the twists and turns
each path will take,
each journey make,
each life must know...

Help me not miss any surprises
meant to bring me joy:
open my mind and my spirit
to the delight and peace they bring...

And if there comes a surprise
with sadness and tears,
give me strength to welcome it,
to accept it,
to take it into my heart
along with your grace and healing
and your promise to stay by my side
in good times and bad...

In every surprise that comes my way, Lord,
there's a fresh opportunity to meet you,
to experience your generous kindness,
to be humbled by your mercy,
overwhelmed by your greatness,
tested by your plans for me,
seduced by your intimacy,
confronted by your justice,
amazed at your beauty,
instructed by your wisdom,
judged by your truth,
baffled by your mystery,
challenged by your word,
puzzled by grand design,
held in your embrace,
corrected by your guidance,
consoled by your love,
delivered by your Spirit's grace,
healed by your gentle touch...

So,
surprise me, Lord,
in big ways in small ways,
in all the ways I need to be surprised
by you, by life, by love and by joy...

Amen.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!