4/5/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Sunday 4/5


The sun has set on this first day of Holy Week, Lord:
our shouts of Hosanna were muted by social distancing
but we lifted our hearts to you in prayer
and pondered the story of your suffering and death...

No services in church today,
so no palm to weave into crosses tonight
but I'm grateful, Lord,
for how you weave your way into my story,
sometimes so quietly that I fail to notice:
   how faithfully you help carry my cross,
      especially when I fall beneath its weight;
   how present you are to me always,
      in my worries and troubles and fears;
   how graciously you hear my every prayer,
      be it spoken, mumbled or silent...

Weave strands of your grace through my suffering, Lord;
weave threads of hope through my doubt and despair;
weave chains of strength where I'm weak and tired;
weave your peace in my sleep and my dreams tonight...

So many, these days, live with suffering and death:
lift up the sick with healing, Lord,
strengthen those who care for them,
console those who grieve and mourn
and guide us all through this Holy Week
to a feast of Easter joy...

Be with us, Lord, as we stay awake
and watch over us as we sleep,
that awake we may keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

Moonlight Sonata: Beethoven, performed by Lola Astanova and Hauser


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!