5/29/20

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 5/29




I'm so good at confounding and complicating my life,
so please, Lord, help me keep it simple...

I'm an expert when it comes to adding fear to all my worries,
so, help me keep it simple...

I'm an ace at mistrusting all the choices that I make,
so help me, Lord, help me keep it simple...

I'm a champ at assuming things will probably get worse,
so please, help me keep it simple...

I'm a nervous second-guesser and I'm never really sure
so I need your help - to help me keep it simple...

I'm proficient in the art of blowing things out of proportion -
so help me, Lord, to really keep it simple...

I'm tops at over-analyzing all that I decide,
so, if you would, help me keep it simple...

I'm a pro at obscuring what's so clearly plain to see -
oh, help me keep it simple...

I'm adept at disturbing what beyond a doubt's been settled,
so I pray, Lord, help me keep it simple...

I'm a whiz at making molehills into mountains,
so please Lord, today, help me keep it simple...

Help me see things as they are, Lord:
   unravel all my scrambled thoughts,
   resolve the doubts that numb my mind,
   relieve me of my overthinking,
   help me trust what my heart knows
   and follow where it leads...

Help me keep it simple, Lord,
just help me keep it simple...

Amen.



  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!