8/3/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 8/3



Evening's a good time to look back, Lord:
   to take some measure of how I spent the day,
   to inventory my good deeds and my not-so-good deeds,
   to recall how much or how little time I spent in prayer
   and to pray that you pardon my faults and my failings...

But sometimes, Lord, I look way back
and beat myself up over sins and offenses from long ago:
   misdeeds I've acknowledged, grieved and confessed,
   wrongdoing you've pardoned, absolved and forgiven...

Remind me, Lord, how freely your mercy flows,
how quickly you cleanse and referesh my soul:
   when I lay bare my heart to your healing touch,
   when I open myself once again to your love...

Give me the grace to forgive myself, Lord:
   to accept that you've washed all my sins away,
   to delight in the joy of a new beginning,
   to welcome the peace only you can give...

Amen.


Loving and Forgiving by Scott Soper



Loving and forgiving are you, O Lord;
slow to anger, rich in kindness,
loving and forgiving are you.

1. All my being bless the Lord;
bless the holy name of God.
All my being bless the Lord,
remembering the goodness of God.

2. God forgives us all our sins,
healing those who live in pain,
saving us from final death.
God fills us with goodness and love.

3. Good and gracious is the Lord,
slow to anger, rich in love.
God remembers not our sins;
forgiving and loving is God.

4. As heaven soars above the earth,
so great the love of God for us.
As far as east is from the west,
the Lord takes our sins from us.


  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!