8/11/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 8/11


As the sun is setting, Lord,
I'll be going out to meet you for our evening walk...

Guess we'll probably meet at the usual place,
around the usual time,
set out in the usual direction,
take our usual route
and probably have our usual conversation...

Some might think that sounds boring, Lord,
but I've come to see that it's not so much
when we go or where we go or how we get there
- or even what we talk about along the way:
the most important thing is the simplest -
you and I are going for a walk together...

Just the usual, Lord -
and I find a lot of comfort in that:
   - we don't have to figure out where to walk,
         we already know the way
   - we don't have to talk at all, and if we do,
         it's ok if we say the same things over and over
   - and if I've got something unusual to say,
         I know you're always ready to listen to me...

And if you have anything unusual to share with me, 
just slide it in there easy-like, ok?

You know, like you usually do...

So, I'll meet you in a few minutes, Lord,
in our usual place
and I know you'll be waiting for me -
you always seem to get there before I do!

Then, later, after our walk, Lord,
protect me through the rest of the evening
and watch over me when I fall asleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace
- as I usually do...

Amen.

A little walking music...




  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!