9/2/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 9/2



As you know, Lord, I'm what you might call 
a weather sensitive person:
my outlook, mood and attitude,
my frame of mind and disposition,
 - even my prayer life - 
are all subject to seasonal patterns,
high and low pressure systems
and climate change...

My attitude can be hazy or foggy, 
sunny and clear,
mostly sunny, partly cloudy,
cloudy, no sun
and just plain downright stormy...

I pray tonight, Lord, 
for your Spirit to render me much more sensitive
   to seasons of joy and sorrow in my neighbor's life,
   to the highs and lows that others live through,
   to what changes the climate of my nation's spirit...

I pray tonight, Lord:
   open my heart to the sunlight of truth
   and make my thoughts clear, perhaps even wise...

I pray tonight, Lord:
   chase the clouds that depress me,
      the clouds of my envy, worry and pride,
   chase the clouds that distract me from you...

I pray tonight, Lord,
   calm my mood's angry storm fronts
      the tempests I steep in,
   help me breathe in your fair air of peace...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen. 

Weather the Storm by Ben Scheuer



Gather round children, come here to my side
Sit by the fire where it's warm
I'll tell you something was once told to me
'Bout the way that we weather the storm 

It's not how long the rain falls
Or how hard the wind blows
Or how deep is the snow in the road
Nor the balance we fake when we feel the ground shake
And we think that our world will explode 
It's the help that we give
It's the love that we live
It's our pride in the friendships we form
It's the courage we show facing things we don't know 
It's the way that we weather the storm 

If you try to stand tall, but you slip and you fall
In the earth is the sound of the stars
Truth gets revealed when you're broken and healed
Every heart is made stronger by scars 

So go on your journeys, be bold and be brave
Be lions my boys and be strong
And when it is such that it all feels too much
Then remember the words to this song

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!