9/28/20

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 9/29



I'm reaching for the heavens, Lord,
lifting up my hands in prayer
and in my hands I'm lifting up
some folks who really need your help..

You already know who they are, Lord,
but it helps me to name them in my heart,
helps me trust you hear my prayer
and hold in your heart
those I hold in mine...

I lift up family members and friends who are sick, Lord:
who've had or will have surgery,
who are in distress and live with pain,
who are beginning needed treatment,
who are awaiting test results
and don't know yet how things will go...

I lift up those who live in fear, 
who are worried and anxious,
whose nights are long and sleepless,
precisely when they need their rest...
 
I lift up those who tend the sick,
day by day by day:
make their minds sharp,
their diagnoses accurate,
their manner honest and gentle,
their advice informed and trustworthy,
their skills sharp and practiced...
 
I'm reaching for the heavens, Lord,
lifting up my hands in prayer
and in my hands I'm lifting up
some folks who really need your help...
 
Hold them, help them,
heal and mend them,
body and soul, inside-out;
fill their hearts with hope, trusting
that whatever comes their way
you'll be at their side, Lord,
their Divine Physician,
with your medicine of mercy,
grace and peace...
 
Amen.

 
    
 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!