10/25/20

NGHT PRAYER: Sunday 10/25

I definitely have a preference, Lord, 
    for sunshine on Sundays! 
 
Just seems right that your day,  
    Sunday, should be, well - sunny!
 
But today you gave us clouds...
 
I know that just behind those clouds
the sun shines in all its glory!
 
I've flown through clouds at 35,000 feet -
    they're thin as air and yet, mysteriously thick enough 
        to shade the sun's warmth from my face,
        it's light from my eyes,
        and its rays from shining on my front steps...
 
I guess it's like the clouds in my life, Lord:
    clouds of worry, clouds of fear,
    clouds of disappointment and clouds of hurt,
    clouds of anxiety and cloud banks of problems
    and most dense of all: the cloud of unknowing...

All too often, Lord,
    I lose my way in the darkness
    and shiver in the shadowed chill,
    searching for the light of your face
when I know for sure, Lord, that 
    the light of your grace
    and the warmth of your love 
    and the rays of your peace
        are just the other side of that overcast sky...

I've looked at clouds from both sides now
and I trust, Lord, and I know 
that you're with me, by my side,
on sunny days, on cloudy days,
- on partly sunny days!
 
Clouds come and go, Lord:
    I need but reach and pierce the mist
        to find your warm hand taking mine,
        your light upon my path
        and your peace within my heart...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
Tonight's song is a little more up tempo than usual
but I hope it will lift the cloud cover and your spirits!
  
Unclouded Day arranged ky Shawn Kirchner
                        performed by Notre Dame Folk Choir


Oh, they tell me of a home
      Far beyond the skies
Oh, they tell me of a home far away
Oh, they tell me of a home
      Where no storm clouds rise
Oh, they tell me of an unclouded day

Chorus:
Oh, the land of cloudless day
Oh, the land of an unclouded sky
Oh, they tell me of a home
      Where no storm clouds rise
Oh, they tell me of an unclouded day

Oh, they tell me of a home
      Where my friends have gone
Oh, they tell me of a land far away
Where the tree of life
      In eternal bloom
Sheds its fragrance through the unclouded day

Oh, they tell me of the King
      In his beauty there
Oh, they tell me that mine eyes shall behold
Where he sits on the throne
      That is whiter than snow
In the city that is made of gold


  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!