10/8/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 10/8

On some days, Lord, at particular times,
nature mirrors your beauty perfectly,
with amazing accuracy,
exquisitely and faithfully...
 
Photo by RMH

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Everything beyond the rocks, top third of image, is a reflection:           the blue is the sky, reflected in a lake.) 

And then there's me, Lord... 
 
I was created, I'm fashioned, in your image,
to be a likeness, a reflection of you, my Maker,
but lakes and trees and mountains
(without benefit of mind, heart and soul)
do a better job than I in mirroring you beauty...
 
How about today, Lord?
Did I, at some point, seek 
to be quiet in your presence,
calm enough and still enough
that some aspect of my being
might refract in some small way
the glory of who you are, 
of who you are in me?
 
Is my mind clear enough, 
my heart strong enough, my soul pure enough 
to reflect the light you are for me,
the light you are in me,
the light you seek to shine through me
that others might see and walk by your lamp
as it illumes the lives of us all?

Polish the mirror my soul's meant to be
until my life reflects your beauty
and my heart reveals your goodness,
until I become a mirror
of my Maker's gracious face...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
Only A Shadow of  Your Love
performed by James Kilbane 



The love, I have for you, my Lord,
is only a shadow of your love for me;
only a shadow of your love for me,
your deep, abiding love. 

My own belief in you, my Lord,
is only a shadow of your faith in me;
only a shadow of your faith in me,
your deep and lasting faith.

My life is in your hands,
my life is in your hands.
My love for you will grow, my God, 
your light in me will shine.

The dream I have today, my Lord, 
is only a shadow of your dreams for me,
only a shadow of all that will be
if I but follow you.

My life is in your hands,
my life is in your hands.
My love for you will grow, my God, 
your light in me will shine.
 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!