10/1/20

Pause for Prayer: Angel Day! 10/2



 
Today is the Feast of the Guardian Angels

Lord: I could use a few angels!

I'd welcome your messengers
   to stand by my side,
      to guard me in all my ways,
         to guide me in the right direction...

Send me some angels, Lord,
   with courage and strength for when I'm afraid,
   with wisdom and counsel for when I'm confused,
   with knowledge to teach me what's right and what's wrong...

Send a flight of angels
   with the gift of right judgment to guide my discernment,
   with wonder and awe to lift up my prayer,
   with desire to draw me to seek what is true...

Send down your angels, Lord,
   with a spirit of reverence to humble my pride,
   with kindness disposing my heart to serve others,
   with gentleness shaping my words and my deeds...

Assign your angels to to fill me
   with peace when anger spoils my spirits,
   with joy when sorrows flood my soul,
   with love when selfishness closes my heart...

Send an army of angels to help me
   stay faithful in the face of temptation,
   persevere in times of trouble,
   keep me pure when I'd settle for less...

Angels, Lord!
I need angels to guard me in all my ways
   and guide me safely along the right path...
 
 
 
In the quiet of my prayer, Lord,
   open my heart to your angels,
      the messengers you send
         to visit each day...

Open my heart to family and friends,
   to neighbors and colleagues:
      angels of compassion, messengers of love,
         sent from you to lift my spirits
            and fill my days with your peace...

Help me welcome angels who visit my soul,
    my hopes and my dreams,
      my prayer and my imagination...

Send me your angels, Lord,
   to stand by my side,
      to guard me in all my ways,
         to guide me in the right direction...
 
Amen. 



 
 
   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!