10/5/20

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 10/6

Image source

In the middle of it all, Lord,
whatever "all" might be...

In the thick of what confounds me
and hijacks my attention...

Apart from all the nonsense
that clutters up my day...

Regardless of my problems,
my anxieties and fears...

In spite of doubt that simmers
in my thoughts and in my heart...

Aside from what distracts me
and disturbs my concentration...

Please, Lord...

Help me make some quiet time
and find a place where I can spend it...

Help me share with you the whole
of what my soul holds deep inside...

Help me lay aside the burdens
and the troubles of my day...

Help me rest with you beside me
to calm my anxious mind...

Help me find in you the hope I need
to face the day ahead...

In the middle of it all, Lord,
whatever "all" might be,
be the peace my heart desires
and a haven for my prayer...

Amen.

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!