11/15/20

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 11/15

Image source

After the live stream mass this morning I'll be leaving for my annual retreat at Eastern Point Retreat House in Gloucester. I look forward to this week all year long.  It will be a directed retreat which means all the retreatants will be in silence all week with the exception of praying aloud at daily mass an meeting with one's retreat director each day for 30-45 minutes.  I know some folks would find that silence difficult - I love it!  I will certainly be praying for you and ask your prayers for me this week.  In past years I've posted daily during my retreat, with the hope of sharing it with you who pray with me every day.  But it's only in this pandemic year that I am now accustomed to posting twice a day (Pause for Prayer -and- Night Prayer).  Given that I'm on retreat, I'll only be posting once a day, in the evening.  Of course you can always go to the Archives on my blog's sidebar and sort through years and years of prayers!  Today's prayer comes from Edwina Gately and I can't think of a better prayer with which we all might begin this week...


Be silent. 

Be still. 

Wait before your God...

Say nothing. 

Ask nothing. 

Be still...

Let your God look upon you...

That is all. 

God knows. 

God understands. 

God loves you with an enormous love. 

God only wants to look upon you with love. 

Quiet...

Still. ..

Be...

Let your God love you.

 
y

 
   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!