11/29/20

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 11/29



Advent is a time to wait for your coming, Lord,
   but I wonder
      is it you who's waiting for me?

Is there something you're waiting for me to do?
   a word you're waiting for me to hear? 

   a word you're waiting for me to speak?

Is there truth you're waiting for me to discover?
   faith you're waiting for me to deepen?
   hope you're waiting for me to trust? 

Is there someone you're waiting for me to love?
    someone you're waiting for me to forgive?
    someone you're waiting for me to comfort?

Is there a gift you're waiting for me to receive?
    a blessing you're waiting for me to enjoy?
    a talent you're waiting for me to share?

Is there a fault you're waiting for me to acknowledge?
   a sin you're waiting for me to face?
   pardon you're waiting for me to seek?

Is there someone you're waiting for me to let go?
   a grudge or resentment I need to shake off?
   a habit you're waiting for me to change?
  
Is there a challenge you're waiting for me to accept?
   a change you're waiting for me to make?
   a path you're waiting for me to walk?

Are you waiting for me to draw closer to you?
   waiting to hear my heart speak in prayer?
   waiting for me to welcome you in?  
 
Are you waiting for me to wait for you, Lord?

In so many ways, Lord, I'm waiting for you

   I wait for your word, I wait for your love:
help me this Advent to see
   all the ways you're waiting for me...

Amen.



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!