4/11/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Sunday 4/11



Well, Lord, after a few picture-perfect days
I hear we're in for clouds and lower temps
before we see the sun again, so this eventide 
no pastel bands of sunset will ease our way 
from daylight into night...

Even midnight will be darker 
as clouds mask the moon and mute the stars
and even veil the sun at dawn...   
 
I'm not a child afraid of the dark, Lord: 
I'm just a grownup looking for some light, 
an adult who sometimes wonders
(like a kid, I guess) 
where the light has gone
and when it will return...

Remind me, Lord,
remind me over and over again,
remind me as often as I need to be reminded
that yours is the light
   that overcomes the darkness,
that there's no darkness 
   can overcome your light..

No matter how gloomy the night, Lord,
no matter how thick the clouds,
yours is the light no darkness can quench:
with you as my light
    the night shall be as bright as day;
with you for my light
    the night shall light up my joy! 

Remind me, Lord,
remind me over and over again
remind me as often as I need to be reminded 
that yours is the light 
   that overcomes the darkness, 
and there's no darkness
  can overcome your light...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
   and watch over me when I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

There Is A Light by Cyprian Consiglio



There is a light that can overcome the darkness.
There is no darkness that can overcome the light.

1) Creator of unfailing light
give that same light to those who call you.
May our lives proclaim your goodness
our voices sing your praise forever.

2) Lord Jesus Christ,
you are the true light of the world.
Give us courage, strength and grace
to build a world of justice and peace.

3) May the light of the Holy  Spirit
dispel the darkness of our times.
Turn our hatred into love
our wars into the peace we so desire.

There is a light that can overcome the darkness.
There is no darkness that can overcome the light.


  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!