4/18/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Sunday 4/18


(Renewing my intention to focus Sunday's Night Prayer
on an element from that day's mass...)
 
Your presence, Lord:
eternal, all encompassing, elusive,
consoling, invisible, palpable, 
immanent,  divine, faithful,
caring, abiding, challenging, 
mysterious, gracious, persistent,
compassionate, forgiving and loving...
 
Your presence, Lord:
above me, beneath me,
before me, behind me, 
on my left, on my right, 
within me, beside me, 
wherever I am,
wherever I turn, 
wherever I run,
wherever I hide,
wherever I go...

Your presence, Lord:
here, there and everywhere
but most of all 
here where I need you, 24/7;
here where I need you
   when I try but can't find you;
here where I need you
   when I don't think I need you;
here where I need you 
   when I try to evade you; 
here where I need you
   when my needs are so many;
and here where I need you
   when you're all that I need...
 
Be with me, Lord, when I'm wide awake
and be present to me in my sleep and my dreams
that awake I might keep watch with you
and sleep deeply and safe in your presence, your peace...

Surely the Presence of the Lord Is in This Place 
 


Surely the presence of the Lord is in this place,
I can feel his mighty power and his grace.
I can feel the brush of angel wings, I see glory on each face,
Surely the presence of the Lord is in this place.
 
In the midst of his children the Lord said he would be;
It doesn’t take very many it can be just two or three.
And I feel that same sweet Spirit that I’ve felt oft times before;
Surely I can say I’ve been with the Lord.
 
There's a holy hush around us, as God’s Glory fills this place.
I've touched the hem of his garment, I can almost see his face.
And my heart is overflowing with the fullness of his joy;
I know without a doubt that I’ve been with the Lord.

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!