5/14/21

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 5/14

    Image by Mimi Kirchner

  

Most of us spend so much time thinking about where we have been
or where we are supposed to be going
that we have a hard time recognizing where we actually are.

When someone asks us where we want to be in our lives,
the last thing that occurs to us is to look down at our feet and say,
"Here, I guess, since this is where I am."
- Barbara Brown Taylor in An Altar in the World
 
  Food for thought - and prayer...
 
I know, Lord, 
I haven't always walked the path
you charted for me
 
and I also know
I might not yet be walking
the road you have in mind for me
 
still
 
no matter where I've been
or where I may be heading
I know you're at my side, Lord,
forgiving and correcting 
all the wrong turns I have taken
and showing me the path    
your Spirit beckons me to follow...    
 
Where I am, Lord, there you are:
you meet me in the moment,
not the past nor in the future
but in today, where I live
with my doubts and with my faith,
all my sorrows and my joys,
my disappointments and my dreams
 
in the midst of it all, Lord, 
there you are: 
you with me and I with you
and in that very place
is where I always want to be...

Amen.

    

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!