6/20/21

MONDAY MORNING OFFERING: 6/21

Coffee in the Morning by George Mendoza
 

Good morning, good God!

Today, I offer you my thanks
for the simplest moments that
   - bring me joy,
   - remind me of your loving presence
   - and help me move from day to day,
        especially when times are tough...
 
Here's a simple list, Lord, 
   of some of my simple joys...
 
   - a flurry of texts with an old friend,
         reminding me how strong are the bonds of love...
 
   - taking delight in an infant's beauty 
         and in the child's parents
            taking delight in my attention...
 
   - Fathers Day greetings from friends
         remarking on my fatherly love and care...
 
   - the surprise of wisdom 
         I didn't know I had...

   - finding the words to share with others
         what you've shared with me in my heart...
 
   - moments of knowing my work has value,
         reason, meaning and purpose...
 
    - encountering the joy of people
         back in church for the first time 
            in over a year...
 
   - being remembered and not forgotten,
         at home, again, at last... 
 
   - times when I'm sure, without a doubt,
         of your mercy, care and compassion...

   - the gift of meeting you in other people, in nature, 
         in prayer, and in memories of years gone by...

   - knowing that there's always more to come:
         more of your love, more of your peace,
            more of these simple moments,
               filled with the simplest of joys...

For all these, Lord, 
I give you thanks and praise
and pray that the day and week ahead
will surprise and fill me
with the peace that's only yours to give...

Amen.

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!